Saturday, July 15, 2006

Heritage Tour

I went to a Heritage Tour at People's Association (PA). It was paid by my teacher. I was not looking forward to it. However, I had to go since I am rotting at home - written in a few of my previous entries.

The whole of BL Committee Members were asked to go by Mrs Loh. But Leon, Siti, Ijah and Gina were absent. As we all gathered at PA, we were given a Goodie Bag and a Snack Bag.

In the Goodie Bag contain the following:
- Small Mineral Water
- A note book
- A Pen
- Some brochures ( I didn't bother to look at them)

In the Snack Bag:
- An Apple
- A pack of some sort of Chocolate cake and a Pastry puff

The first Destination was the Sultan Mosque. The first thing that was shown to us was a Banyan Tree. Right. A tree at the road side. What a great way to start a tour!!! We were told that the Banyan Tree has roots that might grow as big as the trunk on fertile soil. WOW! We didn't need to know that. The next thing that was introduced was the Butterfly Tree or the Hong Kong National flower tree. I find it kind of interesting about the leaves though. It looked like butterfly wings! It's really nice to notice such tree. After that, went to Tepak Sireh. It is one hell of an expensive place to dine in! My brother told me that. So, I don't bother about eating there. But the place is nice and grand. I thought that we were given the chance to see the interior. But no, we were not allowed as they were holding an event. It was a chance that was wasted. Hai! I've heard that the interior on the 2nd level was amazing! Damn! I missed that! Then, we went to tour outside of the Malay Heritage Centre. I went there before. It was so-so. At the point of time, the tour guide asked us to guess the fruit trees found. I kept guessing HAhaha!! Untill the tour guide labelled me as a Rambutan Tree!!Rambutan Lover! When actually I hate to eat Rambutan! Why? It's too hairy!!! Haha!! Then we went to an antique shop. In there, I was AMAZED by ALL the items displayed! I Love VINTAGE items!!! YES!! Vintage is the right word to use! I love the Jukebox, Fridge, White Scooter, the TELEPHONES!!! The Glass bottled drinks!! And ANGKLUNGS!! HAhaha!!!! After that, then we went into the mosque.

After that, we went to Chinatown to see the Indian Temple. Yes, I know, where on earth can you associate an Indian Temple situated in the middle of Chinatown? Weird? Hahaha!! Tell me about it! Been in the temple, but not as happening as the next destination. I got to ring the bell when entering and exiting the temple. Cool!

After that, we went to the Chinese Museum. It was THE MOST FUN I had in there! I got to see how life was back then. How the Chinese lived in very space constrain area. A lot of items showcased fascinated me. When I saw the rooms, it was very cramped but very homely. I just don't know why, when I saw the rooms, I somehow felt that I was brought back in time, where life were much harder and simplicity was the in thing. The items that were displayed were just precious! I went to the Kitchen - it was being shared by all the occupants there. BOY!! Now, I am proud to say that my kitchen is neater! The kitchen then was so dirty. hahahaha!!! After that, went to tailor shop. There were several pedal sewing machines!! I told myself that I could donate one to them! hahaha!! I still have one pedal sewing machine at home! hahaha!!!

Then we went to Victoria Theatre for the final destination. I saw some Macpherson kids there! Vincent was there!! hahaha!!! Patrick Teo was also there busy taking pictures of blurred image!! hahaha!!! The tour was overall OK. I had Fun! But the weather was terrible! I was soaking wet full of sweat!! I wished that I brought an extra top!! Damn!!!! Then, had dinner at BK!! And then went home! hahah!! Tiring!!!!!!!!!!


Quote Of The Day:
~ I rent everything other than the gift of life itself,
which was given to me without any predictable lease,
a gift that can be withdrawn anytime ~
(Jerzy Kosinski)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home