Monday, April 10, 2006

1st Day Of Work. [Killer]

Today was my 1st day of work. This is my 1st time really working in an office. Kelly and me reached at the office too early. Reached at 0830 hrs!! Hahaha!!!

We were greeted my an empty office, (not a single soul were found) . But we were gretted by this man called erwin, ( I am still confused with this 2 man!!) We waited for another hour before Jocelyn (Boss of the Company) arrived. She actually forgot about the attachment. DAmmit!!

Then, at 10 am I officially start work. Do ' DATA ENTRY ' I was given 2 files. I start with the thicker file. It was about Top 2000 Enterprises in Hong Kong. I was told to key in details like Company's Name, Address, Tel No, Fax No, Website, E-mail add, Key Contact and nature of business. Imagine that!!! A total of 16,000 imformation I have to key in!!! I am only managed to key in 163 companies. I am only at the Letter B. I still have the rest of the letters in the Alphabet to finish!! I am so dead! I will spend the rest of my Attachment doing just that!

It's crazy!! I don't think I am able to do that!! Imagine this, after the attachment, what will I learn from it? Data Entry! Taat! 3 credits will be down the drain!

I had lunch at 1330 hrs. I had Hong Kong Noodles - Ironically!!!

After lunch, I almost gave up man. I almost burst out and wanted to take my bag and leave!! But I thought of the $$ and Credits I will gain out of this. That put me back into place.

My hands were aching at the 1700 hrs. The people there encouraged us to drink more water as to prevent us from dry skin. It was a very cold office. So, more water, means more trips to the loo!! Thankfully, the building that I am working ( Keypoint) closes at 6pm. hahah!!! That means 6pm sharp I can leave the office. No extension. Good.

I managed to reach home at 1859 hrs!! WOW!!! Cool huh?! Anyway, what's even cool is that tomorro, I will report to work at 1300hrs!! Double Cool right? Jocelyn have to go for their event at a hotel.

On my way home, I managed to count the days that I officially will be working. I will only work for 14 days!!! Hahaha!!! So much for 3 weeks!!! LOL!!! I only work from Mon-Fri. Since this 14th is Good Friday, so, a total of 14 days!! I am so happy. The experience I have from my 1st day is, to drink more water. They say one. So must drink up!! It's a small office, so, not many people to deal with.

It wasn't fun, it wasn't boring. My whole arms and butt hurts to the core for the constant sitting down. My finger hurt form all the typing.

1 Day down, 13 Days to go. Will I survive it? We will find out soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home