Sunday, November 20, 2005

Updating....

I am back. Sorry for not writing. Why am I apologising anyway?
It seems that no one's reading this. So why bother right?
Yea.

Right, anyway, my mom had an operation. This is not the kind of operation where I did to myself.
It's a real one. My mum is suffering from Lipoma. A condition where there is a lump just beneath the skin. However, it is a non-cancerous growth. But, my mum is worried that the growth will affect her hand, as it has been growing for the last 2-3 years.

So, when the surgeon was explaning, the operation procedures, I was so worried. Plus, the doctor said that there are risks to this operation. Risks such as, the lump might be growing next to the nerve. So, under any circumstances, the doctor might have to take away some of the affected nerve as well. At that point, my mum and I were confused and at the same time worried. So, after much deliberation, she agreed and signed the letter of consent. The doctor said it will be a 2 hr operation. So no fuss!! Great,

Then, my mum went in for the operation. She went in at around 9:30 and guess what time she came out? 2:30pm!!! Hah!! So much for 2 HOURS SURGERY!!!

When I saw my mum's hand, it looked like a kebab!! No offence Mum!! I am too explicit! haha..But my mum had to be admitted in the hospital for a night. So, I practically spend the whole day and evening there. I almost became a part time nurse there!!! I looked after my mum as well as one of the patient there who kept asking for tissues. I also held the training nurses to clean my mum up!! Cool huh?? There are some preety nurses there and some handsome doctor in training. Some caucasions. Cool!! hahah.

But when I went home that night, I miss my mum terribly. I couldn't sleep a wink. Argh!!! But luckily she came back on Friday. Phew!! Anyway, I am thankful that the operation went out just fine. My mum nerves was not affected.

Well, that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home