Friday, April 01, 2005

Aahhh... Finally, I can sit down and have my rest. Today being April Fool's Day, I have not been fooled by anyone so far. I am still keeping my fingers crossed. If I have not been fooled, then it will be a record for me that I have broken.
This afternoon, there was a rehearsal at Macpherson. It was not good. You see, the problem with the group is that (A) They don't stretch their notes long enough. (B) They don't smile and move with expression. (C) They don't play music, they play blocks. (D) They are very very very slow in response.
Look, whoever is reading this and happen to be in Angklung at Macpherson, LISTEN UP: You all better buck up and make sure you all score that GOLD WOTH HONOURS!
Come on lah, this is not about being shy it's about being a performer- an artistic musicians. All I see in your faces are all hatred and boredom. Well, music is suposse to make you all 'Feel' the sensitivity of different kind of music. The dynamics changes in the song brings out a whole new meaning to the song. The volume shows how we articulate the song well. And the expression we show to the audience tells them that we are actually telling them a story by replacing the words into our music.
If all of these aspect all of you can muster, I don't see why we can't score the GOLD WITH HONOURS. If it is about stage fright; here's a solution. NEVER TAKE YOUR EYES AWAY FROM THE CONDUCTOR!! AND MEMORIZE YOUR SCORE!! That's all. And please BREATHE.........!!!!
That's all I can give to all of you. You all are a team united as one and delivering the song as one. DO IT OR NOTHING!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home